To empty your cache in: Internet Explorer 5.5
1. First of all ensure that every instance of Internet explorer is closed, you should have only one browser window open on your desktop or in your task bar nothing else…
2. Stay in this window and go nowhere else all other windows should now be closed and you should only see this page, then follow the instructions below…..
3. Go into tools then (Internet options) as in the illustration below…..
4. This should open another window, as in the illustration below, click on delete files…..
5. This then should open another window, as the illustration below, click the little check box “delete all off-line content” then click OK….
After you have done this you may have to wait a few minutes depending on how much information has been stored in your cache from the past, Internet explorer will now delete all these old files as well as the copies of past impressions you have been trying hard to get rid of.
When completed exit out of it by clicking OK on the Internet options dialog and now all you should have stored in your cache is a copy of this page as it was when you first started because Internet explorer will treat this page as a current version of the site.